A Valentine’s Day promotion can catch the attention of your customers and connect you with thousands of new prospects. Most Valentine’s Day gifts are bought within a couple of weeks of the big day. Now’s the time to launch a quick promotion to focus customers’ attention in the run-up to this special occasion.
Check out this Valentine’s promotion from Reebonz.
Running a promotion is easy and an excellent marketing investment that can:
- Bring your brand to prominence at a quiet time of year
- Deliver new sales
- Generate tonnes of new leads.
Ideas for Valentine’s Day Promotions
- Offer a Valentine’s Day themed prize. It’s one thing to have a Valentine’s Day themed promotion but make sure your prize is related to the holiday and relevant to your business.
- Think of different ways to show the love. A popular way for brands to take advantage of Valentine’s Day is to use it to show their fans that they are appreciated.
- Offer free giveaways to attract new fans and make existing customers love you even more.
- Consider a multi-day giveaway. A multi-day giveaway give your fans more chances to enter and more time to share. Think Advent Calendar — but maybe for the week before Valentine’s.
- Collect email addresses from competition entrants. Make sure you’re collecting email addresses from your entrants and you have a follow-up email marketing strategy set in place to continue to communicate with entrants after the promotion ends. We integrate with many email platforms such as Mailchimp, Constant Contact and Highrise.
- Let your fans get involved so they feel like the brand is part of their life. This jewellery company’s Valentine’s promotion worked well.
- Integrate with your website and other social channels. A promotion for Facebook can easily be published on your website. We provide the code and it’s ready to go. It’s also good to allow your Twitter and/or Instagram followers to enter as well. Add a hashtag to your Campaign or make your Campaign Instagram or Twitter specific.
- Use autoresponder emails for another bite of the customer cherry when someone enters your competition.
The image to the right >>> shows a Valentine's Day photo competition, a great way to get your customers and prospects involved. Their user-generated content forms the heart of your campaign. Customers do your marketing for you.
>>> Simple unbranded Valentine’s Day promotion example.
Keep an eye on the calendar and consider holidays or special days that may allow you to theme a campaign. Easter, first day of spring, National Pancake Day, Xmas (check out our Advent Calendar campaign examples), you name it, there's a day for everything.